LaunchBox Community Forums

Help with microvision emulator.

heelsinc

Look for some help on this system. Hopefully can get this running quickly as it's such a small system and one I'll probably never even play but ya know gotta have ALL the games ever running perfectly just in case. 

Using the below emulator I get an image on the side of the screen showing the game cart which then references the controls. However when launching through launchbox it's just the game that loads up. Anyone already using this and know a command line or something?

https://www.raphkoster.com/2017/05/07/microvision-emulator-release/

• 2 years later...

Necro thread, but I just got my Microvision emulator working well in LaunchBox. What I did was install the emulator (MVEM) and all the ROMs into my LaunchBox games directory in a single folder titled Milton Bradley Microvision, then added a custom .bat file for each game with the following instructions:

mvem "GAME NAME.bin" 1920x1080x1

Here is the command line breakdown:

mvem: this opens the Microvision emulator

"GAME NAME.bin": name of the Microvision game file

1920x1080x1: Screen resolution and full-screen command. The first two numbers are the screen resolution your monitor is set to. Change as necessary. The x1 at the end sets the emulator in full-screen mode.

Name the batch file GAME NAME.bat, then import it as a ROM. Make sure you don't have LaunchBox assign an emulator to run the games since the batch file already has the proper command line instructions. Repeat this process for each game you want to import. Since there are only 12 original games and 2 homebrew games for the Microvision, the overall process isn't lengthy or painful. If you've never created a batch file, here's how to do it: Open a text editor (like NOTEPAD in Windows), type the command line, and then save the file with the correct name and the .bat extension.

Games can now be launched properly, in full screen (the 1 at the end of the command line), and you can get back to LaunchBox using the ESC key when you're done with the game.

Edited by Quelthan
Updated the instructions with a breakdown of the BAT file command line.
  • Thanks 1