LaunchBox Community Forums

How to have just one image per game?

MartinC

Hi there,

I have an space problem in my cab, since I have a lot of games and I have 2 options: I delete games or media. I only use Boxes (Front or 3D), not videos or anything else. I use 3D Boxes as main images, and the idea is to fill the empty images with Front boxes, but only the games which need to be updated, so I avoid to have 2 or more images per game. 

Since the images are not optimized (it would be a lot of work and I understand nobody has that time to expend and that is understandable), I need to reduce at maximum the space. I tried to download the 3D Boxes first and some games have not any, so I tried to download the Front ones, but it will download every Front boxes images available, and some games will have 2 or more images. And with more than 20k games, it will be a lot of space that I don't have.

So Is there a way to optimize that and to have only one image per game?

Thanks in advance,

Martin

23 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Hi there,

I have an space problem in my cab, since I have a lot of games and I have 2 options: I delete games or media. I only use Boxes (Front or 3D), not videos or anything else. I use 3D Boxes as main images, and the idea is to fill the empty images with Front boxes, but only the games which need to be updated, so I avoid to have 2 or more images per game. 

Since the images are not optimized (it would be a lot of work and I understand nobody has that time to expend and that is understandable), I need to reduce at maximum the space. I tried to download the 3D Boxes first and some games have not any, so I tried to download the Front ones, but it will download every Front boxes images available, and some games will have 2 or more images. And with more than 20k games, it will be a lot of space that I don't have.

So Is there a way to optimize that and to have only one image per game?

Thanks in advance,

Martin

Currently there is not a away to optimize or limit how many are downloaded. What you can do is  in LB set your view to All Games. In tools there is an audit function. Run the audit and sort the 3D Box column then select all games with "0" media for 3D box and run the media download wizard to search for Box - Front on only those games.