LaunchBox Community Forums

Custom Control Layout Advice

ZXman1000

Here is a Mock-Up of the basic control layout I am thinking.  I know 8 buttons is probably overkill for 99% arcade titles and honestly will most likely use xbox controller if play counsel games but I prefer the 8 buttons so I can play everything with just the cabinet if I choose.  Same for the 6 buttons on player 3 and 4.  The pinball buttons will most likely never be used but as they are on the side don't distract from the overall look and hey if I ever want to play pinball the buttons on the side just feel so much better.

I have 2 Sinden light guns on the way that will be mounted on the side of the cab.

The screen cut out is for a 7" touch screen that will be able to show various custom options as I choose games.  I am working on a script to show control layout for game chosen or possibly box art or game stats.  Haven't really decided.  Its an area that was just going to be open space on the panel and thought this would be a neat custom design option.

The cab is going to house a 43" TV and a 40" wide by 11" tall LCD marquee. 

The goal is an all inclusive unit that will be in the main gaming / gathering room of my house.

What do you guys think?  Design suggestions?

**Updated to put right image in (added labels and fixed the words that were cut off for some reason)**

Custom Arcade Control Layout.jpg

Edited by ZXman1000
image was wrong
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Final design... As you can see not exactly as originally planned.  I removed the dedicated 4 way and have 2 spinners and 2 screens (1 is a stream deck for quick shortcut buttons) 20210227_213307.thumb.jpg.57afcf9209a5bf50dd5baa23d9d8ec6a.jpgAlso buttons not put in.  I will have to find my actual numbers but I belive the overall demensions are :

48" at widest 

18" tall in center