LaunchBox Community Forums

PC not launching directly into BB anymore

Gimpy

I have a standup cabinet that I had configured to launch directly into BB without ever showing the desktop (bar the windows login screen). It's worked this way perfectly fine for months now, never without issues...I've turned it on today and it just doesn't work at all anymore, no matter what I do, if I use a vbs script or just bblean to set the shell, it'll just load into explorer and in fact it doesn't actually load Big Box at all, let alone after explorer, although if I launch BB manually, it loads fine

Anybody ran into any similar issues or have an idea what could have caused this? The only thing I can think of that I have changed remotely recently on the machine is updating LEDBlinky, but even that was a day or so before this was happening

Edited by Gimpy

I figured out that this was Windows Defender just randomly deciding out of nowhere to quarrantine the 'Startup.exe' id created from a .vbs script, so the shell was looking for a file that no-longer existed. Mods can just close/remove this thread if they want!