LaunchBox Community Forums

Closing back to Launchbox in Windows

huffyX0

New here.  Hello everyone!

I currently have FB Neo installed as my core for my arcade games through Retroarch. 2 of the games that I play do not work, but I figured a way to get them working by giving them a custom command line parameter to open up with MAME 2016 core.  The problem I have is, with FB Neo (and console cores), when I press the ESC button twice. It closes Retroarch. Now with the 2 games (Killer Instinct 1 and 2) when I try to ESC retroarch, it goes to the Mame UI where you select the games you want to play. 

I have set it to my liking and if my kids were to play the UI has the ability to change options and what not which I afraid might happen. Is there a way for to close without going to the mame ui? 

I know Mame 2003 Plus doesn't do this. As I had tried a Mame 2003 Plus rom set to see if there are any differences between Mame Rom set and an FB Neo rom set. 

Not sure if this will work for you or not, but you could try disabling the option that allows for pressing twice to exit Retroarch.  This way a single press of ESC will close any emulator/core (including the Mame cores). You can still press F1 to get to the retroarch menu if needed, not sure what you the key press is to get to the Mame UI interface though (if you do need to get to that I'm sure there's a way to get to it via the F1 retroarch menu).

Thanks for the reply, I'll try that when I get a chance and let you know. To get into mame ui options in game is the tab button; which doesn't pause the game like F1 does on retroarch lol 

EDIT: Worked like a charm. Thanks!

Edited by huffy