LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox 11.8 freezing after startup

Glenn72

I just installed Launchbox 11.8 on my 2nd laptop which is Windows 10, 16gb ram, I5 5700HQ with Launchbox installed on the d drive which has over 40gb free and on the c (boot os) drive I have 16gb free of space.

When Launchbox starts up and I click to close the news page  I can select any of the games and play them.  If I right click or try to go to a menu like tools, the mouse cursor turns into a circle and keeps spinning.  If I check task manager it shows Launchbox not responding. I've waited 20 minutes and nothing happens.

I've only imported some mame roms with Retroarch.

Any ideas why this is happening?

I've rebooted several times and disabled AV and Windows smart screen but problem persists.

Ok I was able to resolve this by installing an older version of Launchbox 11.2 which is working perfectly and choosing not to upgrade to the current 11.8 version.

I tried to install 11.8 several different times using default c drive install but nothing worked.

I don't kind being on a few versions old as it's my secondary laptop, my primary laptop works fine on 11.8.  My goal with my secondary laptop us to import a different complete Mame set 2003 plus vs Mame current .227 version without mixing the Mame sets.  I like the enhanced sound in Mame 2003+.