LaunchBox Community Forums

Auto Update Script

kaichou

Hey All

I was searching for an automated way to keep all my emulators up to date.  Auto update is annoying when you launch a game, and manually updating things is also annoying.  I'm not great at scripting, so I started looking for something that can record clicks to get the general gist of what I want.  I found a tool called AutoIT.  It has a mouse recorder and programming language to go with it.  Made quick work out of automating things like RPCS3, Dolphin, and Citra.  However I'm running into a mental block when it comes to things like PCSX2 which require a manual download.  On top of this, I can't record with a mouse because the placement of the link is always different.  Also it's hard to use the "inetget" function because the name of the file is randomly different every time.  example: https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php?m=dl&rev=v1.7.0-dev-653-g378eccc6e&platform=windows-x86.  Has anyone tackled this idea?  Anyone experienced with this tool that could help me get this worked out? 

Before you say to use their forum, I did, and found that they only responded that they don't support "automating games".

Thanks all!

• Like 1