LaunchBox Community Forums

Save/Load States for any platform under Retroarch not working now, MAME arcade games stopped loading completely

stevaside

IDK what happened, but all of a sudden now any time I try to set a save state or load state within a game running in Retorarch, whether it's NES,Genesis, whatever...The screen dissapears then reappears frozen, with only the top quarter of it showing, with these play,pause, fast forward & sound off icons showing. NO idea what's going on here, but IDK this helps I noticed all games were muted the other day, but went into audio settings & turned volume back on. Not sure if that had anything to do with it.

Usually I have select + L1 on my gamepad set to LOAD STATE & select + R1 bound as SAVE STATE. Never had any problems whatsoever until now

Now with MAME, this is the 3rd of 4th time this has happened to me within LB & I cannot for the life of me remember how I solved this, but any arcade game I click in LB's menu, it brings up the usual window with text for a half second , then crashes. Currently can't play any MAME arcade game. nor save any game I use Retroarch with WHATSOEVER.  <SIGH> Just when I thought my problems were over for a while & I could just get back to enjoying some gameplay

SAVESTATE PROB.png

Edited by stevaside
forgot picture