LaunchBox Community Forums

Updating MAME artwork using CMP

Reggie10

I understand the procedure is nearly identical to updating a romset, but what's tripping me up is the DAT file.

I have a set of artwork that is labeled as "Full 0.202 MAME Official Artwork." I also have seven artwork update packs that will take the 0.202 set to 0.217. The website hosting these files also provides a DAT file, labeled simply as "latest DAT" on the website and a filename of "pS_Artwork_Official_20200119_(cm).dat".

Can I use this one DAT file to progressively update through all seven update packs? I thought each update of anything using CMP required a DAT file corresponding to the new version you're updating to. Historical DAT files for older versions are not provided by the website, as far as I can tell. 

I feel like there's something about CMP I'm not understanding. As always, any help is appreciated!