LaunchBox Community Forums

Save state question

Laby

Hello, I don’t think I have made a post here since I created a login.

For a stand up cabinet pc build. Do you guys know if save states are possible for the games? Also can they be configured to a button press? Like adding a button to the control setup on the cabinet?

New to this but have seen a lot on building and stuff. Just have not found anything specific to my question.

thank you for tour time.

You can use the LaunchBox \ BigBox pause screen for that. But because every emulator uses its own hotkeys for saving and loading, you have to set it up per emulator. You can do that in LaunchBox and for popular emulators the hotkeys are already filled in. Then you set up a button (combination) to pull up the pause screen. Alternatively you can use key \ controller mapping software like: JoyToKey, Xpadder or antimicro and bind hotkeys to controller buttons (or button combinations) and make emulator profiles that auto load.

Schermopname (44).jpg

Schermopname (45).jpg

Schermopname (42).jpg

Schermopname (43).jpg

Schermopname (46).jpg

Edited by Koroth