LaunchBox Community Forums

"Platform" Category nesting and "random videos" + theme question

Archmage_R

Hello there!

I Generally only use the "platform view" (not the "platform categories" view), for two reasons:

1. All the platforms are neatly listed in a row and when I select a platform I get the view that I want. (I haven't figured out how to apply this to playlists and such, so I have to use the platform view anyways).
2. I don't want platform theme videos, I want it to show a random gameplay video each time I "scroll by/stop at a category).

I want to have "sub categories" within those platform categories, while keeping it the way it is (for instance if I select "Super Nintendo" I want to be able to choose between released games and rom hacks). 

The problem is (as far as I have figured out):

1. There is no way to nest platforms, only "platform categories". And when you nest platform categories it does not play a random game video from games within that category, you have to have a "platform category theme video" which I do not want.
2. You can use "playlists", but the playlist view does not show random videos only theme videos again.
Also I'm unsure if I can have playlists within playlists?

Am I missing something/just being stupid?

Also bonus questions:

My theme looks like the picture I've included, however I don't like the "series" view. And would like to have the same look on all categories/playlists/etc. Is this possible?
I've attached a picture for reference.

WIndows platform.png