LaunchBox Community Forums

DosBox Pure not finding the correct ROM

Dr Cthulhu

I got DosBox pure running fine within Retroarch, so I decided to add the ROMs to my Launchbox. I never used DOS games with Launchbox, so I started fresh. I added them as ROMs, used Retroarch as the Emulator with the DosBox pure core.

My issue comes trying to play a game, while the file name is the correct .Zip file by the time Retroarch loads its doesn't load the correct file. But if I work directly in Retroarch and choose the same game file, it loads fine.

2052471070_Screenshot(10).thumb.png.278f4114551257de2839c9525a24fb5a.png1572294922_Screenshot(11).thumb.png.b57e5bc74dd5b483e3389e0fcc9929bc.png2092217076_Screenshot(12).thumb.png.2e34d1e82a1704f61edb35a93a5414bc.png

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Do DOS games need to be zipped for DosBox Pure to work? Some of the games I want to play on DosBox Pure I have already started playing and I don't want to have to re-download the game brand new and start all over. Besides, some DOS games of mine need files added to them such as patches, mods, and other miscellaneous files that I fear won't work if the game is zipped up. Can zipped folders be edited in that way?