LaunchBox Community Forums

Controllers working in retroarch but not if retroarch is launched from within LB/BB

deezdrama

Just finished upgrading my cab, spent a week trying to get controllers working in retroarch.

I tried everything but my IPAC4 kept taking priority over the controllers. Its in keyboard only mode so shouldnt be any conflicts with my wireless 360 controllers. Ive used both in this cab before.

Tried autoconfig input on and off, tried mapping everything, saving profiles, tried fresh install of retroarch..... Nothing worked and my IPAC4 would always hog input ports 1 and 2 making the controllers useless even though they were recognized and configured. Finally I switched controller input driver to sdl2 and it makes my controllers stay in input ports 1 and 2 and can finally use either my controllers or my control panel and I thought I conquered the beast.....

Untill I run retroarch through LB or BB then the damn ipac4 takes priority again and the controllers are useless.

What kind of setting or launch command could launchbox be running retroarch with where its making the inputs mess up and behave different from when i run retroarch on its own?

thanks!

Edited by deezdrama