LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox won't accept option inputs...

FormulaFox

I've had a weird problem develop out of nowhere. Earlier today, BigBox was running normally. No all of a sudden it will not accept any inputs on option menus. Not my control sticks, not my keyboard, not my mouse NOTHING. I have to bring up the Task Manager to kill the program to exit it. I can select games just fine, but the moment I go into the options menus, nothing. It's almost like Windows stopped focusing on it and I can't get it to focus on BigBox again. I have no idea what the problem is or how to fix it outside of uninstalling/reinstalling Launchbox, and I'm not keen on that given the number of games I would have to re-import(It took a full two days originally).

Anyone got any ideas?

EDIT: Okay, it's definitely some weird focusing issue. If I hit ctrl+alt+del I regain full control with 100% reliability - it even performs ALL inputs I tried to enter before hitting the keys. But nothing else will allow me to regain control once the problem starts.

Edited by FormulaFox

Mystery seemingly solved. The PC I am using here is a dedicated arcade unit, so there couldn't have been much to cause a problem, and I looked at the installed apps sorted by install date and noticed an update to my CPU monitor I was not aware had occurred. Uninstalled it and the issue appears to have gone away. Reinstalled the latest version afterwards and problem still seems to be clear.

I can't say for sure that this was the exclusive cause of the issue, since it's a weird thing for a glitched update of a background program to do, however. So if anyone has any idea of what else I should look at just to be safe, please let met know.