LaunchBox Community Forums

Sega Model 2 Controls Maps Problem

Tsigarinho

Hello everybody. I am new to launchbox and i am using the latest free version.

I managed to add some SEGA model 2 games and run just fine in full screen also.

My problem is that when i run SEGA model 2 through launchbox, i can't edit controls for each game (as it runs in full screen and if i press esc it will go back to launchbox). 

So how can i edit and save somehow the controls for each game on Sega model 2 emulator? Is there a way? Maybe writing something in EMULATOR.INI?

Thanks in advance!

8 minutes ago, Koroth said:

You must set your controls directly in the Sega model 2 emulator. Load a rom in windowed mode, go to > Game > Configure Controls. (Also Alt + Enter switches between windowed and Fullscreen mode). Then, if everything is configured and works correctly, add your games to LaunchBox.

Ok then i will do it that way. I will do it for all 32 games i have for that emulator. I hope it will keep those settings for later gaming.

Thank you very much!

2 minutes ago, Tsigarinho said:

Ok then i will do it that way. I will do it for all 32 games i have for that emulator. I hope it will keep those settings for later gaming.

Yes, for Model 2 Emulator you really have to set the controls per game. The Model 2 Emulator is an Arcade emulator and Arcade machines have different control setup depending on the type of game.  Model 2 Emulator won't let you set up controls once for all games, like a console emulator would.

1 hour ago, Koroth said:

Yes, for Model 2 Emulator you really have to set the controls per game. The Model 2 Emulator is an Arcade emulator and Arcade machines have different control setup depending on the type of game.  Model 2 Emulator won't let you set up controls once for all games, like a console emulator would.

Koroth i finally fixed it. Every game now has it's own control. I edited every game one by one and also i found the service mode to calibrate gun games. The Alt + Enter shortcut helped me a lot to do it. Actually that was what i was looking for. So everything is working fine. Now it's time to move on to sega model 3.

Thanks again man!

15 minutes ago, Tsigarinho said:

Koroth i finally fixed it. Every game now has it's own control.

Glad it all worked out!

15 minutes ago, Tsigarinho said:

Now it's time to move on to sega model 3.

Then I have extremely good news for you. Supermodel does have a .ini file in which you can set the controls quickly! ?

Edited by Koroth