LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box will not select any game in the arcade platform (suddenly) and the controls mess up when trying

mrmattcoachman

I have no clue what is going on. It just happened all of a sudden. When I go into the arcade platform and try to select a game it freezes for a second and then basically keeps the controls frozen and then moves on into attract mode. I have tried restarting big box. I have tried restarting my computer. I have tried refreshing all the images. I’m really sweating here because I put a lot of time, money, and effort into this thing and now it’s now working all of a sudden! Can someone please help me?

Well I think I figured it out. At some point a few weeks ago I added theme videos to the arcade category. Everything was working fine, but I assume that is because I haven’t played a game in the arcade category for quite some time. I started playing some today and the system stopped at some point to do something with missing media and after that the system flipped out. I didn’t like the theme videos anyway so I was just removing them while I was waiting for a reply here. Now that the theme videos are gone things have gone back to normal. Not sure why that made it freak out, but oh well, I personally don’t care, but someone else might if someone still wants to solve the problem and figure out why that was causing the issue.