LaunchBox Community Forums

Importing multiple dosbox games issue

Friedi1987

Hi folks,

I came across another issue.

Last night I tried to import my collection of DOS Games. Those are all in seperate folders. Eg.: Game1 (1993)/Game1/FILESandmaybeSubfolders.

The entire collection is about 600 games and if I try to import all of them at once Launchbox leads me through the wizard for importing DOS games.

So far so good. After completing the wizard (It even found the corresponing exes bats and what so ever to each game in the list at the end of the wizard)

and pressing ok it leaves the wizard and simply remains doing nothing in the standard screen.

I've waited around 1h but nothing happened.

So I thought maybe 500 games with that many files might simply have been too much so I imported just like 100 or so.

And it worked. Games launched, metadata was found .. everything fine.

Ok so no big deal I thought ..I'll simply import them 100 by 100 and so on ...

But that would't work. Once I successfully imported the first games to this platform I wasn't able to add more.

1. If I use the wizard again it will get stuck like if I imported too many at once

2. If I drag and drop the games to Launchbox screen it adds them, but when I try to launch these games an error message pops up complaining about wrong paths.

3. Rescanning the directory (After editing platform paths to my rom dir) also adds the roms but when I try to launch the games added this way same error message appears.

Is there a method to import that amount of DOS games at a time or add them part by part or do I really have to add them one at a time ? (Don't get me wrong I'd do it :D Love Lauchbox and DOS games ... just curious before I start this task :D  )

Best regards

Friedi

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I was messing around with this a few more hours to find out the fastest way adding them games is to drag and drop like 10-30 games at once into launchbox and manually setting the correct executable path.

But I think this might be a bug because it acutally sets the right path to the installer or setup exe, but the relative (wrong one if you have your roms in a alternate dir) to the launch exe.

Maybe someone could have a look at this.

I added a snap of a game I dragged and droppen inside launchbox.

Best regards

Friedi

snip.PNG