LaunchBox Community Forums

Regional Preferences when launching a game

Csfieldmusic

I have imported complete Rom Sets for Mame, SNES, NES and Genesis. I know when I imported the mame games there were options that allowed me to skip game types and set regional preferences which I did. 

The consoles on the other hand I am not so sure that I set these preferences. The problem I am having with the consol games is when I am starting a game it launches say a Japanese version when I would prefer it to be US version. I have the bezel project installed and it seems to work with most of if not all US versions. I am trying to avoid launching a game without a bezel. If Japanese version is launched it may or may not display a bezel. My preference is to be able to select play and it launch by default US, if not available World and then Japan. 

Basically I would like to set all SNES games to have US as preferred game to launch. 

Another slight problem I am having in mame is this. Some of my roms only work with the no cd version, but by default when the game is selected it starts a different version. Can individual games have there own regional Preferences set? 

The only method I can think of would be to remove the games leaving all their system art and re-import them which literally takes forever. I am hoping there is a much easier solution to this issue. 

FYI, 

The mame is a merged set and I am pretty sure the console games are too. 

Thank you.