LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box / Pinball FX3 / Windows Batch Files

N3ONⱣɄNƘ

Hello,

Long time visitor, first time poster. This forum has been a great help to get me started setting up my launchbox/big box (Thank you!) but I seem to be stuck and it's been days I've been searching for answers and have tried everything I found on the internet including this site.

I set up some windows batch files to launch my Pinball FX3 directly into their tables. It worked fine but one small issue I am having is that the cmd window pops open in front of the game and stays open. I then either have to manually close the window or change tabs to get back to my game. My question is how can I make the cmd window open either behind the game, minimize after opening or close entirely? Below is an example of the codes I am using for one of the table. Please advise.

"Pinball FX3.exe" -offline -class -table_Alien_Isolation

Edit: The issue is only when using Big Box. I can execute the cmd and the window minimizes when opening through Launchbox and from my desktop. 

Edited by RebelResurrected

24 minutes ago, Koroth said:

Unless you have some specific reason, you don't need batch files for this. I set up the steam version as an emulator like this:

2138195852_Schermopname(115).thumb.jpg.bb891a8b35a67f3d145ede0be8736050.jpg

If you're not using the steam version, in the "Emulator Application Path" use Pinball FX3.exe and in the command-line use: -offline -class -table_

Then import the tables as rom files.

782574275_Schermopname(116).thumb.jpg.06640c0791b81a82ab07f64a47bafdf4.jpg

842891227_Schermopname(117).thumb.jpg.65fac86b30ff89abd3f0df060a428da8.jpg

Thank you so much! That did the trick and was so much easier than my method lol. 

• Game On 1