LaunchBox Community Forums

A Couple Issues I'm Having

Moleburt

I wanted to see if anyone here has any suggestions for a few issues I am running into. I have a arcade cabinet, I run it off an IPac Ultimate board. I have all my console games and emulators working great alongside LEDBlinky, but then I decided to add PC games into the cab and have started running into some issues, specifically with Steam games.

The first issue I have ran into, and KINDA resolved. I want to be able to use my cabinet sticks and buttons for newer fighting games (DB FighterZ, SFV, MKX, MK11, etc...) the issue I found, and I'm sure others reading this will have found too, is that most of these newer games only support 1 player on a keyboard, or xinput controllers. The workaround I have found the works, but with other setbacks is running "Xarcade-Xinput" which works great, except I have to unplug all the Xbox controllers I had plugged into my cab for consoles that required a controller. I have to unplug them because Windows 10 doesn't necessarily load your devices in the right order, so if I have the controllers plugged in when I run Xarcade-Xinput, they end up loading as 2 random controllers, the only way I have found the works to make sure they load properly is to have all the other controllers unplugged, not the end of the world if this is what I have to do, but if anyone has any other options for making my sticks work in those games without using "Xarcade-Xinput" I'm all ears to try new things.

The second, and more annoying issue is running steam games with LEDBlinky. I haven't tested all of my games, but I ran into this issue with DB Fighterz, when you launch the game the lights will flicker on real quick and then go right back to my Launchbox active controls being lit up. I found a ahk script that works awesome at getting the lights on for the game, but the issue is when I quit the game the lights don't revert back to the Launchbox active lights. Here is my ahk:

; Create a shortcut from steam to the game you want to play and replace XXXXXX with the game id from that shortcut. Copy the game id below and then delete the shortcut you just created.
Run, steam://rungameid/678950

; Sleep a few seconds to wait for it to activate. This may not be needed, it's
; just to be certain it's good to go.
Sleep, 5000

; Use the window title since the game launches additional exe.
; This will wait for the window to exist, then wait for it to close.
WinWait, DRAGON_BALL_FIGHTERZ
WinWaitClose

; Shut off the splash image, if any.
SplashImage, Off

ExitApp

I'm not sure if there is something I need to add in order to get the lights to change back, or if there is a better way to get LEDBlinky and Steam games to work together. I'm all ears for any suggestions!

Thanks!