LaunchBox Community Forums

Node.js Virtual Gamepads

Download link:

Ever have friends over and was shy in the controller department? Have them connect to your local Wi-Fi network and access this handy dandy application! This Node.js application instantly transforms any smartphone, tablet, or other Internet browsing touchscreen device into a full-fledged gamepad controller simply by reaching a local web address. I stumbled on this neat little Node.js application on GitHub. (Credit goes to egemenertugrul and jehervy on GitHub for authoring this marvelous application.)  Wanting to kick this killer app up a notch, I immediately went to task integrating some bits from the upstream Linux version into egemenertugrul's Windows branch in my own fork. As a result, I bumped up the maximum number of connected virtual controllers from 4 to 10. Eight-way Super Smash Bros. FTW!

Edited by Hifihedgehog