LaunchBox Community Forums

BIGBOX & STEAMLINK CONFUSION

PiperCalls

Hi,

I have LB/BB running on my cab, works great. I have an nVidia Shield TV that I am trying to setup to stream my BB to my big screen TV for some couch gaming. I watched ETA Primes video on the subject but I guess I'm not fully understanding the controller setup portion of the arrangement. So on my cab I have my kb encoder (joysticks/buttons/etc) for arcade games and I have (2) Logitech F310s (xinput) plugged in for console gaming...works great. I have an nVidia GPU on my cab so I setup Gamestream and also Steamlink (App). I primarily focusing on Steamlink since from what I've read it seams to be the best to use. I setup BB as an external game in my Steam and from my Shield TV I can open up Steamlink and open BB, navigate, launch games, etc...that part works good. Now the rub is how to manage the controllers for the Shield TV/Steamlink. When I launch a game I have no control in game. So for the Shield TV/Steamlink I have a knock-off xbox360 wireless controller (xinput also). So how do I setup the wireless controller to control the games from the Shield TV? All the emulators are setup with the F310s that are on the cab. My first thought was to sync the wireless remote to the PC, and setup the emus for that controller as well but it's a BT remote, if I sync to the cab (PC) then it's no longer sync'd to the Shield TV and then the emus won't work when played at the cab with my wired F310s. I'm in total confusion on this. From what I read I thought the Steamlink app would somehow manage this but I'm just missing the point. Or is this not do-able at all and do I have to use the same remote on the Shield TV that I do on the cab? Anyone with any experience in doing this, input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...Piper