LaunchBox Community Forums

Finbal Burn Alpha with launchbox and RetroArch

Albiorix

4 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

The error is telling you exactly what is wrong, your rom doesnt match what the emulator is expecting. This is why you dont download random arcade roms from the internet, the rom version must match the current version that the emulator is expecting, you cant use any rom with any version of a emulator, arcade is not the same as other systems. Also you do not know what type of rom that is, if it is from a split or merged set you will be missing the neogeo bios which is clearly not in your image, the game wont work without that, another reason downloading random arcade roms is a bad idea.

ok fair enough.

What can i do? How do i find the correct rom? And how do i find which is the correct rom?
Could you give me a hand?

• 7 months later...

Hello. I had an identical problem. After starting the rom, I saw a notification that the type of rom is unknown. I disabled the option to unpack the archive in the RA emulator and the problem went away.

I hope my comment is helpful.

LB 13.1 with RA 14.0 + Arcade (FinalBurn Neo) core

1.PNG

2.PNG

Edited by PaulStranger
clarification