LaunchBox Community Forums

Basic configuration of Launchbox question - can you "hide" games, and can the lists be edited

EMUDL082

So got launchbox about two weeks ago now -

Imported my MAME (219 cause that's what I could find) and have 2000+ games, many that I don't want.  I did do the filter on import, so got rid of a lot....

I see the option to delete by right clicking the game. Does that delete just from launch box, and my guess is it will come back if I re-scan roms right?

Is there a way to "hide" the game without deleting it?  My guess might be to make a custom list?

Also, I've got all the default lists like publisher, Capcom classics, Data East, etc.  Can these be edited or how do I make a custom list?

One example is there are several "SNK" under publisher (SNK / Ambilo or whatever). I would like to consolidate all SNK to just "SNK."  Is that possible?

If you know of links to you tube videos and that is easier than explaining, paste a link and I'm happy to watch a video.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, EMUDL082 said:

I see the option to delete by right clicking the game. Does that delete just from launch box

By default it will just be deleted from Launchbox, but that can be changed in the options. When this is checked you will get an extra prompt when deleting a game asking if you want to delete the rom file as well.

908772392_deleteroms.thumb.jpg.b722d63101c2831044b0e671ca11b2d2.jpg

Is there a way to "hide" the game without deleting it?

If you right click on a game and click edit you will see the option to mark it as hidden, then in the view menu you can show or hide the games marked as hidden.

hide.thumb.jpg.51439899aa99b79a041d8f8785e1a0fb.jpg     hide2.thumb.jpg.a3ca61ab67b9bc88486f4a30bb5c3ac0.jpg

Can these be edited or how do I make a custom list?

Select all the games you want, then right click and go to Add to Playlist. Here you can create your own playlist or add to any existing ones.

Playlist.thumb.jpg.b0fe293e568d227a0032e14200cc82fa.jpg

If you go to LaunchBox\Data\Playlists you can also edit the .xml's, I've never done it so don't know what problems, if any, could arise from messing with them.

Edited by IainSA
  • Like 2