LaunchBox Community Forums

Converting And Forcing Releative Paths to Absolute Paths?

enthusiast01

Several posts I read lead me to believe that as long as the location of my emulators & roms/dos/windows games did not change locations, that I could move launchbox from one folder to another folder and everything would still work. I found that not to be true in my case. After I created a copy of my launchbox into a different folder on the same drive, I got the warning for all my games & emulators that they could not be found. My emulators & roms/dos/windows games are in multiple locations outside of the launchbox folder.

After digging a bit, I realized that my installation of launchbox is using a sort of relative pathing instead of absolute. I.E. ..\..\..\..\ROMs\Sony\PSX\Files\Crash Bandicoot (USA).cue instead of G:\ROMs\Sony\PSX\Files\Crash Bandicoot (USA).cue, I could not figure out how to make launchbox covert the current ones into absolute paths. So I manually changed the location of each emulator in launchbox. I then literally opened every platform.xml file in notepad++ and did a replacement path on not only the path to the game files, but the dosbox.conf files as well. It is not the worst thing I have had to do, but why should I have had to do it at all?

Relocationg my roms, etc via the tools menu is not an option due to the fact that I have my roms broken into subfolders (that is not supported when using that command - I have tried already). Re-importing them is tedious and very time consuming for as many platforms & games as I have. So I ask, how can I force my current installation of launchbox to convert everything to absolute paths? Also, how can I force it in the future to use absolute paths when I import new items?

Edited by enthusiast01

• enthusiast01 changed the title to Converting And Forcing Releative Paths to Absolute Paths?