LaunchBox Community Forums

Remove double point ( : ) from the games names, and use arabian numbers instead of the roman ones

Tackskull

Hi there,

I noticed that when I am adding games to launchbox it transform the game name using the " : " to introduce the subtitle.

For exambple: "star wars - rebels " became "star wars: rebel". The : is puted just right after the game name, resultin in changing the alphabetical order.

So I would like that all my entire gamelist all the double point ( : ) are being removed. How can I do that?

Another thing is that I want to change all the roman numbers in arabian one. For example in the final fantasy games are not listed by their chronological order, following the order of the letters ( IX, VI, VII, VI). How can I do that?

Thanks you all for the attention.

While importing games, LaunchBox gets the names from its database which (mostly) contains the official names of the games. You could right click a game > Edit, and change the title. However if the chronological order of games is not displayed correctly, you can also enter a "sort title",  which you can use to sort games in any order you like. 

1780258914_Schermopname(22).thumb.jpg.d6628e965abd858062b5170a43dde39a.jpg

1507506270_Schermopname(21).thumb.jpg.b9a733090b981034b0fb46340ab791d9.jpg

So to make it clear, if games are named: Game I, Game II, Game III, Game IV, etc. you can keep those names. But in the "Sort Title" enter: Game 1, Game 2, Game 3, Game 4, etc.. Then they will be displayed in that order.

Edited by Koroth