LaunchBox Community Forums

Preferred Box Front Art

whbinder

Well, this is a new one. I've been using Launchbox since version 8, but something new happened spontaneously last night. I assume it's an XML or related issue. I thought I'd reach out if anyone had experienced this before.

Suddenly a large number of my Box Front artwork disappeared. If I change to another Image Group (like 3D Boxes) it works fine. The Backgrounds load fine. It seems to be specific to Box Front Art.

The images are there. If I edit the game and check images, the picture is there under the correct place. It's a suitable format. Also, some of these have been in place for years, so it's not like I just loaded in new artwork.

Here's the weird thing the Tools > Options > Media > Box Front Priorities doesn't seem to be working. As an example. I imported some Amazon Games and allowed it to use "Amazon Poster" as a priority over Box Front. All the artwork is blank. If I move the pictures over to the "Box Front" folder, and refresh, they show up. No mater how I reset or re-order my Box Front Priorities, it won't use box art in the Amazon Poster folder. 

That would be odd, but I could live with it if that was consistant. It's not. Under different platforms the "Box Front" folder will not get recognized, only "Disc Art", etc.

Strangest of all, if I boot into BigBox, everything works just fine.

Any idea why The Box Front Priorities are seemingly being ignored?

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

bigbox.PNG