LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox Theme exceptions when Big Box launched from Launchbox desktop mode

aceituning

Hi Everybody,

First sorry for my english.  Please, be patient.

I have exceptions errors in Big Box since i update launchbox to v11.15.

launchbox.thumb.PNG.9d462d3b2687b7d9e31db78e21b2b1bf.PNG

i have this exceptions in the next themes: CriticalZoneV2 - Bluebox, City Hunter 2, Unified, Unified Redux.

it Don't appear with Retrofresh Theme, it works fine

This error is similar to the next post: 

I have installed Launchbox in a External HDD with exFAT filesystem. I saw that exists a problem with this https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/5578/issue-with-theme-path-bigbox and it´s not recommend this filesystem, but i can´t format  this external HDD because i dont have free space in my other HDD.  Also, i never had this problem before

I find it strange, This exceptions only appear when i start Big Box from de Launchbox Desktop mode. 

If run Big Box from BigBox.exe directly, it works fine.  The symlinks are created correclty.

Why does it only happen when i launch it from launchbox desktop mode?

Thanks in advance

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @aceituning. Sounds like you did your research, but just to reiterate, the issue with exFAT is from its limitations for not being able to support symlink functionality, which is required for most themes to function.

Best case scenario is for you to get off of exFAT, which you mentioned is not currently an option for you.

A workaround would be for you to copy the contents of the themes you want to use into the "LaunchBox\Core\Themes" folder, and mark the folder as Read Only.

This would mean you would have to go through the manual process whenever a theme updates.

It's definitely strange to see it work when you launchBig Box.exe directly, I would definitely take that as a win.