LaunchBox Community Forums

Adding games from itch.io to the DB

OutColed

Hello all!

I've recently taken an interest in playing games found on itch and would like to add them to the database as I go. My end goal is to make organization of these titles clean and easy. It would be a slow process, basically happening as I play them. Saw a couple of threads about this from around the time the bundle for racial justice was on sale but it doesn't look like it really went anywhere.

Couple questions:

1. Is this a good addition to the DB?
  2. Should these games be placed in the Windows platform? My thinking is it's simple and accurate but wanted to check in with people who know more.

Anywho! I'd love to see more of these slowly migrate into the LB ecosystem. So if anybody else out there wants to add games they enjoy, please do!

PS: I've started by testing out how adding to the DB works with a game called Arcade Spirits. Its Switch port is in the DB, but not the native PC version (which is also available via Steam).

Edited by OutColed
grammar
  • Like 2