LaunchBox Community Forums

Export to Android Wizard problem with Arcade

Bodine Grunch

I highlight any number of games in LaunchBox, let's say 5, and then choose the Export To Android tool . I use the wizard and when asked, I choose "Export the 5 Selected Game(s) Only." I work through to the final page where it says "The wizard is ready to create the export package with 5 selected game(s)." I click next and it completes successfully. This works with every platform I've tried except Arcade. After it says it will create a package with the 5 files it always creates a package with all 4095 ROMs. 

11 hours ago, Bodine Grunch said:

I highlight any number of games in LaunchBox, let's say 5, and then choose the Export To Android tool . I use the wizard and when asked, I choose "Export the 5 Selected Game(s) Only." I work through to the final page where it says "The wizard is ready to create the export package with 5 selected game(s)." I click next and it completes successfully. This works with every platform I've tried except Arcade. After it says it will create a package with the 5 files it always creates a package with all 4095 ROMs. 

This is because, traditionally, MAME ROM sets cannot be divided up without major issues. This was by design because of those MAME restrictions. There are ROM sets that can be divided up, but most MAME ROM sets cannot because files rely on other files in the set.

In the future, we're planning to add an option to ignore that, but the only way it will work in that case is if you have a non-merged set.

• Like 1