LaunchBox Community Forums

Just a warning to others, don't make my mistake.

denmiclaw

I debated posting this, as I don't want it to come off as a criticism to Launchbox, it's not.  Merely my tale of woe.

Like others, I'm particular in the way I do things.  I have and do use other frontends and programs, and so I tend to keep my media and roms all after the same name.  Until the past few days, I never had a problem with Launchbox and the way it treats media.   

So, I decided to try to clear up some image folders.  Launchbox, as you know, creates folders for MANY image types, per platform.  I actually don't use many image types - generally a box, cart, logo, gameplay snap and video.

In trying to clean up some of the extra folders, I came upon the brilliant idea to point any media folder I wasn't using to a JUNK folder in the program's directory.  This worked a treat.  No more extra directories under my platform images.

What I wasn't expecting, because I had never personally witnessed this behavior...  was Launchbox deciding to go and rename every single media file I have to it's specifications.  Thousands of files, all renamed, all made useless for anything except Launchbox.  I understand that it will do it, after reading other posts on the forum - but there was no warning in the program that this would happen - or why.  I don't understand why it would touch a folder of files that it had been using with no issues before, and rename everything.    Anyway, I've spent the past few days trying to use emumovies/fuzzy rename to repair it, but I still have SO much to go through...

Anyway - still love the program, still intend to use it, just a lesson to learn!