LaunchBox Community Forums

adding Gamepass xcloud category.

isilkin

Hi. I would like to get your suggestions on the most graceful way to add xcloud to bigbox.

I can somewhat easily add xcloud to the big box via edge browser link in the PC category. This way I can navigate the entire experience with the controller. 

Here are some issues though.

Launchbox does not know how to exit the edge browser. In other words you can open xcloud but you cannot get back to bigbox. Launchbox does not seem to have an option to add a script to close a pc game. There is an option to run a script on start up of the game or during the pause screen but not on exit.

Maybe someone can give a suggestion on how they would go about adding xcloud gaming to the big box. Would you integrate it in the PC category?would you create a different platform? any suggestions would be appreciated.

• 1 year later...

On 10/10/2021 at 8:20 AM, isilkin said:

Hi. I would like to get your suggestions on the most graceful way to add xcloud to bigbox.

I can somewhat easily add xcloud to the big box via edge browser link in the PC category. This way I can navigate the entire experience with the controller. 

Here are some issues though.

Launchbox does not know how to exit the edge browser. In other words you can open xcloud but you cannot get back to bigbox. Launchbox does not seem to have an option to add a script to close a pc game. There is an option to run a script on start up of the game or during the pause screen but not on exit.

Maybe someone can give a suggestion on how they would go about adding xcloud gaming to the big box. Would you integrate it in the PC category?would you create a different platform? any suggestions would be appreciated.

If I could I'd like to explaining what I've done with YouTube on TV(the type you see on consoles and smart TVs), I figured out the users agent string to make chrome report as a PS5 so I can get the YouTube stories and it's all done via an AHK script that I keep running at all time and launch from my HTPC remote, it hides my cursor and desktop as well as used controller companion to control YouTube. If I press the hotkey again, it will refocus it if say I launch Kodi or bigbox, That's all semantics though. So I had issues closing YouTube and restoring my desktop, cursor and closing chrome. What I did is create a hotkey (shift+escape) to use it looks like this k I'm not at my computer RN so I can't copy/paste it, I will shortly though. 

ifwinexists, ("YouTube  on TV")

process, close, chrome.exe

Process, close, controllercompanion.exe

(A bunch of other crap)

I even tested this using edge and it worked but for some reason that I can't remember, I switched back to using chrome. I would like to suggest you check out edge portable launcher, it's on GitHub and it offers edge x86 and x64 plus all the different channels (dev, canary and stable). You can keep it completely separate from your regular installation of edge and update it via task scheduler in Windows.

Now I know it's a bit different using AHK in Launchbox than outside of it but the premise is the same. There is another method you can try, I have to get it from my computer as well cause I can't remember the exact format but I had to use it for closing Xenia. 

When I get to my computer, I'll share the string I use for launching chrome with the user agent string, though it's not really necessary since you're using edge to play xCloud games. But you can toy with it and adjust the address it pulls up and what's even better is it launches in kiosk mode meaning there no window border, it's fullscreen from launch (use that I've you get everything else functioning properly ie: exiting and launching correctly. I may still have the string I used to test it out in edge. If I do, I'll share that along with the exit script. Expect to hear back in a few hours. 

Edit: Since I didn't hear back I just didn't bother with updating, if you are still interested, shoot me a message and I will help you out!

Edited by CtinD