LaunchBox Community Forums

Need help with RocketLauncher and CD based games when using Retroarch

maabus

I am having issues with all CD based systems and Nintendo Sufami Turbo. I don't have any issue with any other system and Retroarch. 

I can run all of the CD systems just fine when I load the game directly from RA. When I try to run any CD based system from RLauncher nothing happens. I hear a ding, and then I just get the "There was an error waiting for the Retroarch_ahk_class turn off fade." error. I dont see any fade screens or anything... the desktop just stays as normal, I've turned off fade to see if anything shows. but nothing happens. It doesn't even look like RA is starting. 

My CD games are zipped, but I have RLauncher set to extract them. I can run RA directly and point to the extracted folder, and it will work without any issues. Sufami Turbo does not need to be extracted but it has the same issue so I dont think it is an extraction issue. I also run a few switch games that are .7z and they extract and run fine, so RLauncher is not having an issue there. 

In the Rlauncher log file there is this entry. 

I:\Emulators\Multi\Retroarch\Current\retroarch.exe   "C:\Users\Arcade\AppData\Local\Temp\HS\3 Ninjas Kick Back (USA)\3 Ninjas Kick Back (USA).cue" -f -c "I:\Emulators\Multi\Retroarch\Current\retroarch.cfg" -L "I:\Emulators\Multi\Retroarch\Current\cores\genesis_plus_gx_libretro.dll

If I paste that into Command Prompt RA will launch with the game and it works fine. This is the same for all of the CD systems and Sufami Turbo. 

Any help is appreciated.