LaunchBox Community Forums

Epic games not showing as installed

Ac1dP3nGu1n

• 2 weeks later...

I tested this out, but couldn't get this to happen. I'm assuming your Epic games are installed and playable.

If you are changing a game's metadata but it doesn't save, you may have an issue with file permissions, or file locking, inside of your Data folder. A few common issues on this could be:

• LaunchBox is located in a file sync location on your hdd (like dropbox) and that program is locking your files
  • You may have unwanted files within your LaunchBox\Data\Platforms folder. There should only be 1 file per platform
  • Your Windows user doesn't have the right permissions to make changes to the folder (don't run LaunchBox as admin)

I tried a few things

1) I checked LaunchBox is not in a file sync location  (I have none). I checked that the Platforms folder doesn't have any extra files. My windows user does have full permissions to the Platforms folder and all of it's files

2) I edited the Windows.xml file and changed the flag of installed to true for some games. No change.

3) I went through deleting an installed game and re-adding it. I tired with just the meta data. Both meta data and preferred epic meta data and just epic meta data. When I get to the last page and it asks me what games I want to install and click the box 'check installed' nothing happens if I click the box 'check uninstalled' everything thing is checked even though one game is installed.

4) I tried marking a steam game uninstalled and it always shows up installed afterwards.

Something is reading the installed flag from somewhere or getting it on startup. Whatever it is it is not working for Epic games.

Thanks,

Ac1dP3nGu1n

• 2 years later...

Sorry to revive a dead thread..... I'm having the same exact issue with several games on Epic Games, more specifically anything from Ubisoft. I can mark them as installed in LaunchBox but if I close and reopen the program it marks nearly everything from ubisoft as uninstalled again. 

Clicking install launches the game rather than installs it.