LaunchBox Community Forums

Repopulating Japanese game info from old xml files?

Jigen271

Ok folks, here's the issue.  I made an emulation system for my youngest son.  He speaks English but as we live in Japan and his friends do not I edited all the game titles for all games under each system to Japanese and grabbed game info for each game from wikipedia Japan and pasted that under the notes for each game.  His HDD died.  I built a better system for him but don't want to spend the time re-doing this.  First time it took me about 6 months.  The Hard drives that contain his games and the C drive that launchbox/bigbox were installed under are different names.  I have copies of the platform xml files.  Is there any way I can repopulate these titles using the old xml files so I don't lose all my hard work?  Thanks ahead of time for ANY assistance you could provide...

9 hours ago, Jigen271 said:

Ok folks, here's the issue.  I made an emulation system for my youngest son.  He speaks English but as we live in Japan and his friends do not I edited all the game titles for all games under each system to Japanese and grabbed game info for each game from wikipedia Japan and pasted that under the notes for each game.  His HDD died.  I built a better system for him but don't want to spend the time re-doing this.  First time it took me about 6 months.  The Hard drives that contain his games and the C drive that launchbox/bigbox were installed under are different names.  I have copies of the platform xml files.  Is there any way I can repopulate these titles using the old xml files so I don't lose all my hard work?  Thanks ahead of time for ANY assistance you could provide...

You could place the platform xml files into LAUNCHBOX\Data\Platforms (make sure you have any backups of your current data files before doing this, just in case)

If you have any other Data file backups, you could also put them in the appropriate area in the Data folder as well.

LaunchBox should then show your games, but you'd then have to work on fixing the rest up. Potentially things like:

• Fixing ROM paths (you can use the Change ROMs Folder path for Selected Games tool)
  • Adding back emulators and repointing your games to use them
  • Downloading game media