LaunchBox Community Forums

Local Splitscreen Multiplayer Not Working At All

chankee

Hello, Everyone

For a couple weeks now I've been ripping my hair out trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with my emulation software. I've set up my launchbox with around 50 games from various generations. A consistent issue I'm having across all of my multiplayer games (mainly on gamecube) is that I can not get local multiplayer to work. Me and my friend have been trying to play Super Mario Strikers for a while now but can't get the software to register that there is more than one controller plugged into my computer. I've tried everything I can find online about this issue, but to no avail. I've even tried switching my emulators from running directly from dolphin to running dolphin through retroarch but this does not fix my problem. I've tried modifying the dolphin.ini file but does not work. What is the solution to this? My friend runs local multiplayer just fine on his set up, so I don't understand why this is causing such a headache. 

On 11/13/2021 at 1:16 PM, chankee said:

Hello, Everyone

For a couple weeks now I've been ripping my hair out trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with my emulation software. I've set up my launchbox with around 50 games from various generations. A consistent issue I'm having across all of my multiplayer games (mainly on gamecube) is that I can not get local multiplayer to work. Me and my friend have been trying to play Super Mario Strikers for a while now but can't get the software to register that there is more than one controller plugged into my computer. I've tried everything I can find online about this issue, but to no avail. I've even tried switching my emulators from running directly from dolphin to running dolphin through retroarch but this does not fix my problem. I've tried modifying the dolphin.ini file but does not work. What is the solution to this? My friend runs local multiplayer just fine on his set up, so I don't understand why this is causing such a headache. 

Hi @chankee, what controllers are you trying to run?

I would first check Windows to make sure that both your controllers are being registered. Windows has a Game Controller window that will list all available controllers. You can check each controller and test out whether Windows is seeing inputs from both of them.

If things look good there, then you are in good shape for dolphin.

I'd also recommend posting this issue over on the Dolphin forums, if you haven't already.

Hi, faeran 

I am trying to run standard xbox one controllers. It does register both controllers on my laptop, as my steam games work fine with local multiplayer. I will post this in the dolphin forums, I just wanted to see if it could be a launchbox issue, as my friend runs dolphin natively and has no issues with local multiplayer. Thank you!

2 hours ago, chankee said:

Hi, faeran 

I am trying to run standard xbox one controllers. It does register both controllers on my laptop, as my steam games work fine with local multiplayer. I will post this in the dolphin forums, I just wanted to see if it could be a launchbox issue, as my friend runs dolphin natively and has no issues with local multiplayer. Thank you!

LaunchBox doesn't actually touch your dolphin controller config, but you could always open Dolphin and make sure your controllers are set up there.

• 1 year later...