LaunchBox Community Forums

United Kingdom media will not download/scrape

Cavey

I have a problem that I am hoping someone can help me with. I originally installed Launchbox in 2017 and whenever I added a game the media would scrape and it would then use my region priorities to decide which cover to display.  I recently decided that my Sinclair ZX Spectrum media was looking a little worn and chose to remove and replace it with better media that is now available in the database. I originally had both the Europe and UK media downloaded with the UK media being prioritized, but no matter what I do now, it will only download the UK media if there is no European version available on the database.

As an example, if you take this game https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/29721

You can see that UK media is available, but nothing I do will get that media to download from within Launchbox itself. If I delete all images and redownload it will always bring the European versions only. Any game with European media available will exhibit the exact same behaviour. Does anyone know how I can fix this or make Launchbox only bring the UK versions when multiples are available?

Hi @Cavey. I'm pretty sure the way it works is that it will check your file for regions first and download media accordingly.

To test this, check your Planet of Death ROM filename for any region and change it to United Kingdom. Then try to download media again using the wizard and see if you get different results.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, faeran said:

Hi @Cavey. I'm pretty sure the way it works is that it will check your file for regions first and download media accordingly.

To test this, check your Planet of Death ROM filename for any region and change it to United Kingdom. Then try to download media again using the wizard and see if you get different results.

Yup, that's it... unfortunately, upon checking, almost all the Spectrum games I own are listed as (Europe) despite the majority of them actually being the UK published versions - which would explain why my other platforms appear to be largely unaffected. I guess that when I originally downloaded the media, UK covers were all that was available, so it brought those down.

If I completely remove all region information, would it download all media and allow me to choose after the fact?

I'll probably do a little bit of testing with adding and removing regions and seeing what happens, but I'm just glad it's no longer a mystery and that I now have a way to bring down the UK covers without needing to download everything manually one by one. Thanks for the help :)