LaunchBox Community Forums

Very Slow MAME Load with High Scores Enabled

Galactician

Hey, friends. I was able to get MAME high score functionality working yesterday, which is pretty neat. I immediately noticed however that this slows loading of the emulator considerably. With the "Upload Your MAME High Scores..." box checked the emulator and rom load takes 40 seconds or more. With that functionality disabled it's just a few seconds.

Is this normal behavior or is it possible I have something odd going on in my configuration?

Attaching a log file as well.

Debug 2021-11-16 07-57-04 PM.log

24 minutes ago, Galactician said:

Hey, friends. I was able to get MAME high score functionality working yesterday, which is pretty neat. I immediately noticed however that this slows loading of the emulator considerably. With the "Upload Your MAME High Scores..." box checked the emulator and rom load takes 40 seconds or more. With that functionality disabled it's just a few seconds.

Is this normal behavior or is it possible I have something odd going on in my configuration?

Attaching a log file as well.

Debug 2021-11-16 07-57-04 PM.log 81.52 kB · 0 downloads

Hi @Galactician. The only thing I can note is that this is not normal behavior. I did not see any change in load time when using this feature. Wish I could be more helpful, but at least you now know this shouldn't be happening for you.

• Like 1

I just saw something even weirder when I went to play a game of Tempest today. It's currently showing my high score, posted today (I haven't played yet), as 630,557. I mean, I wish I was that good, but I definitely am not. Any idea why my name would show with this score? This definitely isn't me.

image.thumb.png.62ba715fbd5c5774e66b61f2de66ad4e.png