LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME Tron Not Loading all other games are

Strako

Hello,

I am a noob to Launchbox but not to MAME.  I have been running MAME and MAMEUI on a machine that I just loaded Launchpad on.  I have about a dozen games on it including Arkanoid and Tempest both spinner games.  Tempest worked right out of the gate, for some reason I had to edit the Arkanoid .ini file to enable mouse and that works great now. 

When I select Tron, the screen goes black and comes back.  Here is what I tried so far:

1) Converted Tron from a ZIP file to a 7z file,  - no love

2) Tried a different build of Tron (I am using .233 for both MAME and the ROMS) - no love

3) Created an .ini file for Tron by copying and renaming Tempest's .ini - no love

Tron works fine when run from MAME and MAMEUI

I did a search of the forum and did not find anything.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Steve

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

You have mame.exe under "..\Tron Mame\" (which is not an issue).  Any chance you have different installs of MAME and when you tested it through MAME itself, you did it from a different copy of 'mame.exe'?  Since it worked outside of LaunchBox, it'll work inside of LB.  Is it safe to assume other Arcade games you launch with your MAME emulator (as [sorta] shown in the images) work through LaunchBox?  (they're all using ..\Tron Mame\mame.exe\ ?)

You shouldn't need tron.ini at all.  But since you do, make sure "rompath" inside of it points to where your roms are (if not in the default "roms" folder).

Also make sure you have "tron.zip" AND "midssio.zip" (both required) accessible to where rompath (in tron.ini or better yet, mame.ini) points to.