LaunchBox Community Forums

Import Steam games does not select installed games

ozy

Hi all,

I have been importing my installed Steam games for a while now and everything was fine.  However recently I had to delete and re-install Steam and this time installed a different set of games.

However since then the import Steam games dialog automatically checks the games I had previously installed in Steam, pre-reinstall.  So if I install a new game in Steam, I have to uncheck all games in Launchbox and check the one I installed separately.  A minor problem but still a bit annoying.

So my question is, how does Launchbox determine which Steam games are installed and is it possible to somehow refresh this list so it correctly identifies them?

This is the dialog in question, and in this case AER is not installed but Launchbox detects that it is.  Many thanks

image.thumb.png.0c87e48e6274aee92d84bc8511fa3d73.png

• 11 months later...

I know this is old. But this is the one and only thread I found when I had this same problem. This issue is caused by improper or problematic uninstallation of steam games either from within steam or in the file explorer (not launchbox). This leaves the registry keys there which should have been deleted. 

If you open registry editor and go to: hkey_current_user>software>valve>steam>apps you'll find a bunch of folders with numbers. Some of these folders contain a file letting you know what game it refers to. Most don't. The only way to find out is to go into the steam store in a web browser and search for your game. The last string of numbers in the url coincide with the regedit folder numbers. You can do this the other way too by replacing the numbers with numbers you have in regedit. Once you've found the right one you can delete that regedit number folder. 

Hope this helps.