LaunchBox Community Forums

Redream Extracting Files

UnnUndrgrnd4114

Having issues with Redream playing extracted files. Before the most recent updates, I had all my Dreamcast games in 7zip and Launchbox was able to extract them with Redream as the emulator flawlessly. Now, only Reicast through Retroarch lets me do this. I prefer Redream, so I was hoping there's a fix or maybe I'm doing something wrong.

6 hours ago, UnnUndrgrnd4114 said:

Having issues with Redream playing extracted files. Before the most recent updates, I had all my Dreamcast games in 7zip and Launchbox was able to extract them with Redream as the emulator flawlessly. Now, only Reicast through Retroarch lets me do this. I prefer Redream, so I was hoping there's a fix or maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Does redream work with launch box.

2 minutes ago, Goodmango said:

Redream won't read a game that is on zip or 7z extensions. You must extract it.

When I got it to work before, I would link the 7zip files with Redream on Launchbox. It showed empty (like normal) after Launchbox extracted (supposedly) the games temporarily for individual plays. From there, I pressed the menu (3 bars) button on my phone which showed the multiple windows open, then I clicked back on the Redream window and it played the game fine.

With whatever update happened in Launchbox in the past year, this trick no longer works. I just want it to work again so I don't have to use Reicast through Retroarch because that crashes a lot of the games.