LaunchBox Community Forums

How do I add translated roms to a platform?

Merovingio

I have the complete Super Nintendo set with the official No-Intro roms. Now I want to add 10 roms from other regions (Spain). The problem is that this game already exists but in English. What is the best way to add the same game but from other regions? Do I create a playlist? And I would also like to add unofficially translated roms.

You can always add it as an "Additional App" to the game. To do this when you import it check the button to "Force Import Duplicates". When it gets added you can select it and the original rom, right click and choose to combine. It will now be available as a different version you can launch of the original game.

Personally I like to see hacks and translation easily so I just created a "Hacks & Translations" platform category then added unique platforms for each system such a NES Hacks, Genesis Hacks, and so on.

6 hours ago, Retro808 said:

You can always add it as an "Additional App" to the game. To do this when you import it check the button to "Force Import Duplicates". When it gets added you can select it and the original rom, right click and choose to combine. It will now be available as a different version you can launch of the original game.

Personally I like to see hacks and translation easily so I just created a "Hacks & Translations" platform category then added unique platforms for each system such a NES Hacks, Genesis Hacks, and so on.

The fact is that I already have the Super Nintendo platform created, how do I now add the new translated roms? Do I put them in the Super Nintendo roms folder and go through the Import SuperNintendo Roms process again?

26 minutes ago, Mongu said:

....how do I now add the new translated roms? 

You add them like any other rom. You can drag and drop, scan folder, scan file. There is no 1 way. It just really depends on how you want these games to show in your specific set-up.

32 minutes ago, Mongu said:

Do I put them in the Super Nintendo roms folder and go through the Import SuperNintendo Roms process again?

If you want them to be inside the original SNES platform than that would be a clean way to do it.  If you want them to be in the same Super Nintendo platform, import them how you did the originals and make sure you check the box to force import duplicate as I mentioned.

Sorry to be vague in my response, but it really all depends on how you want these to show up in your set-up. There is no "best" way. I mentioned how I like to see these translations/hacks so where I store them and how I add them might be different than if I added them to the official SNES platform for original games.

Also I never use any method to add roms other than "drag & drop". Just far more easier to me.