LaunchBox Community Forums

Search by Notes field

bikeking8

I posted this as a feature request before, https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/6428/search-by-notes-field-details ,  with some visual examples. The problem with the lack of searching through notes is that discovery is limited to what you can find in game titles and every other field but the actual description. So if you're searching for "hockey", you're not going to find 'NHL Hitz' in the search/filter. If you're searching for "mining", you're not going to find 'Hydroneer' in the search/filter. As it is, you need to go through and eyeball each and every title to parse them out. So inefficient. Please consider adding this.

Here's some examples of the search function's shortcomings. It doesn't come up with Blades of Steel after a simple search for "hockey". It does not come up with Baten Kaitos Origins when I search for "card" in Gamecube. Both have these terms in their notes/description. Now if I already knew all the hockey games for the NES I could search for their publisher, developer, title, etc. But I don't, hence I'm searching.

I tried attaching screenshots but got server errors on both attempts.