LaunchBox Community Forums

Updated my rom-sets after a long time and now Launchbox can't find some roms because the filename have changed

AZUR3US

Hello,

after a long time I have updated my Romsets and many filenames have changed. 
Now Launchbox can't find the roms of the games with changed names.

I tried to re-import the sets, that Launchbox can recognize the changed names. I've also allowed to import dublicates.
over "tools -> scan ->  for added roms in any platforms/currently selected platform" I've tried also.
with the duplicated roms I tried to use "tools -> file management -> consolidate roms for current platform" but all that doesn't solve my problem.

Is there any way to scan for, without to edit the xml's by hand?

I know, that I can delete a platform and start new, but I dont want to lose my settings...

Edited by AZUR3US

Sounds like some of the things you've done may have caused more issues. If you import your new romset and then combine with the broken ROM, you still have many game entries with broken ROM paths combined with ROM paths that do work. One way you could try to clean this up is to first right click one of your platforms on the side panel and go into Edit. In the Folders tab, Point the Game field to your ROMs folder, and then press OK.

You'll now need to run the Tools > Scan > For Removed [platform] ROMs... 

Then you can run the Tools > Scan > For Added [platform] ROMs...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi and thank you for your anwser und sorry for the very late response...

My updated sets was in a new folder, but on the same drive.

I have pointed launchbox by platforms to the new folders and then I scanned for new roms and I thought, that launchbox cleans by that step the old entries, which it can't finds anymore, but no.

I thought I could run "scan for deleted roms" that it now cleans out the missing files/pathes, but it deleted the entire games were the names have changed. After I rescan for new roms it was like a new entry for each game and my editied metadata/settings were lost