LaunchBox Community Forums

Adding "Controller type" for each Mame game as "CustomField". Can use it in Launchbox, and Bigbox themes...

baboo1969

Hi all,

it's my first attempt to modify metadata in batch...

My goal, is to see "on screen" for each Mame game, to know what is the best controller to use on my arcade cabinet.

- This information is in Launchbox, but we can use it ONLY in playlists.

- It's impossible to show it in a game screen, in a bigbox theme

- Mame have a lot of errors in coding controllers in his listxml output file...

So, i made VBS scripts to :

- Extract all the controller types from mame output list, by the way, correct some errors, and modify these to have readable strings...

- Synchronize the rom with the Launchbox game ID

- Create ALL the custom field for Mame roms.

Now, i see the type of controller in the Launchbox game detail pane, and i can add it to a custom theme to see it on the game screen!

288934192_Capturedcran2022-01-07213154.thumb.png.5c9a87f179db5df722ef8f8533d7f9a1.png                        1133242930_Capturedcran2022-01-07213243.thumb.png.6ec39a2dae429c72a7d24d1938a2d223.png

It'S possible to add it directly from metadata in the menu, no code, no api, no plugins...

I previously readen some people who seems to want this feature... If somebody is interested, i can refine a little my VBS code and make it available...

Edited by baboo1969