LaunchBox Community Forums

Incredibly disappointed

bugula

I have been a paying customer of the win LB release for a while now and love the functionality it provides but am also a frustrated and disappointed paying customer of the Android version.

If you're using nothing more than cart/disk-based games, I suppose it works very well though some meta data editing would be appreciated. But for disc-based games, it's a difficult, painful, and messy process to import and scrape. This seems to be a core feature needed for a front-end yet the ball really does feel dropped here.

If the team's unaware of importing issues, I'm happy to provide detailed examples of my experience thus far but I'm hoping that this is high on the roadmap and will be addressed in the next version.

3hrs in to trying to get Saturn setup and this is what I have after downloading all media...

PXL_20220121_002743983.jpg

Edited by bugula

9 hours ago, bugula said:

I have been a paying customer of the win LB release for a while now and love the functionality it provides but am also a frustrated and disappointed paying customer of the Android version.

If you're using nothing more than cart/disk-based games, I suppose it works very well though some meta data editing would be appreciated. But for disc-based games, it's a difficult, painful, and messy process to import and scrape. This seems to be a core feature needed for a front-end yet the ball really does feel dropped here.

If the team's unaware of importing issues, I'm happy to provide detailed examples of my experience thus far but I'm hoping that this is high on the roadmap and will be addressed in the next version.

3hrs in to trying to get Saturn setup and this is what I have after downloading all media...

PXL_20220121_002743983.jpg

3 Hours seems like a long time.  What settings did you use?

1 hour ago, Soop said:

3 Hours seems like a long time.  What settings did you use?

way too long but the bulk of that was spent copying files in and out, renaming, etc. the program really needs a file-type selector.

i guess this was my hard lesson of get it to work with one game/system first and then do all.

eventually i got things to work by removing region notations and using folder name. even though the cues were named the same, the images wouldn't scrape. 🤷

Edited by bugula

For many disc based games like saturn,dreamcast,ps1 u can use a program called cdhman to convert all the individual .bin/,cue/track files into a single .cdh file and it really cleans things up.

https://archive.org/details/chdman

download the zip and place the .exe and .bat file together into the same folder has the game files and run the .bat file and it will convert them all to the .cdh that most emulators seems to use and it also will not mess with the original files if you still want to keep them around for whatever reason.

also for multidisc ps1 games using a tool called PSX2PSP can convert multi disc ps1 games to the PSP .pbp format for a single file for all disc. Duckstation can use these files not sure of all ps1 emus though.

I was also setting up LBAndroid on my pocket 2+ that came in and had this same problem with dreamcast and after finding and doing this it was great plus cleaned up my desktop rom files at the same time!

Hope this helps!

Edited by ClassicArch
spelling errors
  • Unusual Gem 1