LaunchBox Community Forums

windows 10 20H2 emulator performance

twobucks

Back in october of last year i updated to windows 10 20H2 and recently started noticing some visual pinball (VPX) tables suffering performance problems that never had performance problem in the past. Anyways after a few days of updating all my drivers and making sure no third party applications were causing this performance issue, i stumbled upon an article about a windows security update that was causing gaming performance issues.

https://www.windowslatest.com/2021/07/22/windows-10-update-fails-to-patch-performance-issues-but-another-fix-is-coming/

Anyways after making sure game mode in windows 10 was turned off i adjusted my windows 10 powerplan and changed the mininum processor state from 5% to 100%.  After making this change the stuttering in VPX was gone. You can also just set your power plan to high performance which will do the same thing.

PC specs:

I7 9700K

32 GB ram

AMD RX580

I really don't want to run my PC on high performance mode all the time but will if needed.  Maybe upgrading to the newer 21H2 will help. Has anyone else had this problem especially with the same version of windows or newer?