LaunchBox Community Forums

C64 - Ghostbusters controller not working (left/right)

SimonLev

Apologies in advance  for the very "niche" question. 

I am attempting to play Ghostbusters on Commodore 64 with the ViCE emulator. The controls seem OK in general but on the screen where you choose to equip your vehicle, I can't move left and right with the joystick. Without equipping your vehicle, it isn't possible to progress beyond this screen!

I'm using an Xbox One Bluetooth controller. All other controls seem OK (up/down/select). The controller also works fully in other C64 games in the same emulator. I'm running ViCE natively - not through LaunchBox just yet.

Has anyone else experienced this - and/or have suggestions for resolving? I will try in a different emulator to see if I get the same results (Hoxs64 perhaps?).

Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Belgarath said:

It works fine in VICE as well, but some games default to the other joyport. Alt J usually works to swap joyports

That's strange then. The up/down was working but not left and right. So it wasn't that the wrong port was being used. Maybe I'd messed up some settings? I can revisit to check it.