LaunchBox Community Forums

DOS games with a main exe but separate intro exe-Is there anyway to start with the intro and then move into the main exe?

soco69

Hi, very much a noob here so apologies. I have an old classic I would love to revisit. The main game folder contains a straightforward xxxxxvga.exe which obviously takes me straight to some quick set up options and into the game. There is also a separate intro.exe which contains a piece of music I used to love. I'm an old fart now but would love to be able to run the intro before the main game. Is this possible at all with a single click solution or do I just have to put up with the using the other..exe separately if I want to watch the intro? Thanks for any help.

3 hours ago, soco69 said:

run the intro before the main game.

Edit the game in question.  Go to Additional Apps.  Select Add Application.  Give it a Name.  Browse to the executable (intro.exe).  Check Automatically Run Before Main Application and also check Wait for Exit.  That 'should' do what you're wanting.   Oh ya, Click OK, then OK again to save it. ;) 

image.thumb.png.081e43dce838733f5f4991f8d6f1f8a2.png