LaunchBox Community Forums

Game image disappears in BigBox

joe7987

I'm not sure if it matters, but I'm using the "Colorful - Light" theme. 

When I navigate to the game, it shows the image of the game (see screenshot). After about 3 seconds, the image swipes to the left and leaves a blank space where it used to be (image completely animates off of the viewable screen).

Thanks for any help you can offer.

BigBox Image_Delete.jpg

Edited by joe7987

• joe7987 changed the title to Game image disappears in BigBox
1 hour ago, joe7987 said:

I'm not sure if it matters, but I'm using the "Colorful - Light" theme. 

When I navigate to the game, it shows the image of the game (see screenshot). After about 3 seconds, the image swipes to the left and leaves a blank space where it used to be (image completely animates off of the viewable screen).

Thanks for any help you can offer.

BigBox Image_Delete.jpg

Hi joe,

It does matter that you are using the Colorful - Light theme. The author programmed that animation in to do that.

The big empty white space is normally used for video snaps. Where your see the screenshot, that's normally the box art, but looks like you may have screenshots enabled within your box - front priorities in your LaunchBox settings.

1 hour ago, faeran said:

Hi joe,

It does matter that you are using the Colorful - Light theme. The author programmed that animation in to do that.

The big empty white space is normally used for video snaps. Where your see the screenshot, that's normally the box art, but looks like you may have screenshots enabled within your box - front priorities in your LaunchBox settings.

Thanks for the quick reply. I appreciate it.

I understand now that the big white space on the right is for video. However, this screenshot is the "before" photo. The image in the middle disappears off the screen and that middle image becomes an empty space. I believe you are telling me there is a setting that I can use to adjust this - something to do with the box - front priorities. I don't quite understand what this part means. I know there are settings (an overwhelming amount of them), but I can't quite seem to make sense of them in the way you have described. If it's not too much trouble, could you possibly rephrase your advice so that I can get it through my (somewhat dense) head?

7 minutes ago, joe7987 said:

Thanks for the quick reply. I appreciate it.

I understand now that the big white space on the right is for video. However, this screenshot is the "before" photo. The image in the middle disappears off the screen and that middle image becomes an empty space. I believe you are telling me there is a setting that I can use to adjust this - something to do with the box - front priorities. I don't quite understand what this part means. I know there are settings (an overwhelming amount of them), but I can't quite seem to make sense of them in the way you have described. If it's not too much trouble, could you possibly rephrase your advice so that I can get it through my (somewhat dense) head?

It's not really a setting. The author of the Colorful theme has hard coded an animation to make the box appear in the middle there, and then disappear after so many seconds.

If you would rather have the image stay there, you would have to dive into the theme's code and remove that animation.

I was more making an observation about your screenshot. In LaunchBox there are Image Types and Image Groups. Image groups provide fallback power to the user, allowing you to choose whether you would like an image to appear if you don't have a particular image type for a certain game. You can check out your Image Groups within LaunchBox, under Options > Media.

You'll want to check what your image priorities are for Options > Media > Box Front Priorities.

The Box Front Priorities is most likely the image binding that's being used in the Colorful theme to determine what image will appear in the middle there.

1 hour ago, faeran said:

It's not really a setting. The author of the Colorful theme has hard coded an animation to make the box appear in the middle there, and then disappear after so many seconds.

If you would rather have the image stay there, you would have to dive into the theme's code and remove that animation.

I was more making an observation about your screenshot. In LaunchBox there are Image Types and Image Groups. Image groups provide fallback power to the user, allowing you to choose whether you would like an image to appear if you don't have a particular image type for a certain game. You can check out your Image Groups within LaunchBox, under Options > Media.

You'll want to check what your image priorities are for Options > Media > Box Front Priorities.

The Box Front Priorities is most likely the image binding that's being used in the Colorful theme to determine what image will appear in the middle there.

That's very helpful, and feels actionable. Thank you. I will dive deeper.